Thursday 12 September 2013

18. Scripting

Amelia (main character) is lying in bed.

VOICE OVER (of Amelia): Okay, so today's the day. New school, new start, new me.

Amelia looks at her alarm clock.

AMELIA: Oh shit!

Amelia jumps out of bed and starts rushing around trying to get ready.

VOICE OVER: Organisation is key this year. I'm determined to work hard, do my homework and get good grades. The thing I want most though, is a decent social life. This means I need to make a good first impression.

Amelia goes into her bathroom and stares at herself in the mirror.

VOICE OVER: I've been trying out some new styles recently...

(Flash back to her trying out different styles - Chavy, gothic and hipster)

VOICE OVER: It's hard to find the balance between fitting in and standing out from the crowd. I need something that says 'wow! that girl is cool' ... Although i'm not too sure what that is.

(Flash back to bathroom)

VOICE OVER: Then again, no one remembers first impressions anyway, right? I guess i'll just have to go with the 'I'm too cool to make an effort' look, for now.

Amelia puts on a bit of makeup, ties hair up and gets dressed. She runs down the stairs and out the door.

VOICE OVER: Being on time has never been my strong point. It's a good thing I can multitask. Did I mention that i'm not great at remembering things either? Oh well.
I have a new chance now to get things right. This is my upper school experience, take 2. I can't mess this up.

Amelia walks in through the school doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment